The work for this project has a lot of external depndencies and a relatively low priority in the grand scheme.
Things will be done in roughly this order:
- Build out some brownfield projects in the gitlab group
- Define group structure to support these projects
- Identify the improvements that generically work
- Reduce the selected path down to those allowed by the org
- Create a snapshot of the revolution-in-progress in the repos
- Document it from different perspectives, talk about next steps for each
For this to be comprehensive, it will need to include a lot of gitlab project settings, runner configs, repos, pipelines, groups, and likely persistent test environments using Tomcat and IIS and other systems.
The stacks on the docket include:
Also some generic articles about mindset, pipelines, security constraints, and other topics will be added as they’re completed.